Concave Lines Near Mouth?

Im a 20yo male. Recently I noticed I have 1cm long concave lines extending towards my chin in both corners of my mouth. There are no actual fine lines, just an indentation. I didnt include a picture because they arent extremely noticeable yet but I obviously want to stop them from getting worse. I dont smoke, use straws, etc so I am not quite sure what could be causing them. However, I am quite underweight(~30lbs). Could lacking facial volume due to being underweight cause something like this?

Filling in the downward concave grooves on the corners of the mouth makes a person look so much better.

+2

Those old looking downward grooves on the corners of the mouth can be improved so easily with a syringe of Radiesse and should last about 1 yr for roughly $650.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Concave Lines around mouth

+1

Nasoloabial creases and marionette lines tend to get more pronounced with age, but some of us have them very early on. Even babies have nasolabial folds! If yours are natural youthful lines you may want to leave them alone for now.  You should see an experienced plastic surgeon to evaluate this area if it concerns you, and you may be a candidate for fillers.

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lines near mouth

+1

It is difficult to comment on lines around the mouth in a 20 year old without seeing photos.  Marionette lines are lines that some peopel get as they age or are very thin, but it is unlikely in a 20 year old.