Can Computer Imaging Be Done For My Nose? (photo)

Can any surgeon provide me with computer imaging on the net..? Since i am uploading my pictures ,so that i can have a visualisation how my nose can look post surgery..realistic and still well structured,that is in harmony with my facial appearance.What are the prospects of result for my nose?i expect a sound,expert and frank opinion.i have a moderately oily skin.Also please respond to my other queries posted on relself. I would be thankful! I seriously look forward to a good surgery very soon.

Computor imaging for the nose.

+2

I sincerely doubt that any board certifed surgeon will provide you with computor imaging on the net.  In order to perform imaging of your nose it is essential to obtain correctly lighted and head positioned photographs.  The internet is a good place to start your research for a nose surgery however, it can never replace a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon.  It is essential that the surgeon examine both the external and internal aspects of your nose so as to give you a realistic expectations as to what can be accomplished. Computer imaging should be viewed as an educational modality and not a promise of what your nose is going to look like.     I would also suggest that you discuss a small chin implant when you visit your surgeon.  Good luck.  

Imaging of Nose

+2

Hello Anon2027,

Go to my website and click on Surgery Morph Tool and upload your photos.  You will be able to morph them yourself.  Have fun, but get an idea of what you'd like to see.  Then go to a reputable surgeon and do it again and discuss what is really possible.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Technology

+2

Most surgeons feel that morphing images is not a substitute for a good consultation. Also the implied results are not always achievable leading to problems.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Rhinoplasty Imaging

+2

I would advise you to seek a consultation with a board certified specialist who can further assist you in obtaining the results you desire.  Computer morphing is usually available during your consultation.  Depending on what your goals are, I think you would benefit from a personalized consultation.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Computer Imaging

+2

Computer imaging usually requires high quality photographs from multiple standard views and a uniform monochrome background to be done properly.  These are usually available in the office of your plastic surgeon so that the photographs are taken early during your initial visit and the imaging is reviewed later in the consultation process the same day or during a second visit.  The images are only simulations and are not usually guaranteed as a precise prediction of the postoperative results.

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Morphing photos

+1

You should see aboard certified plastic surgeon to have photos taken in their office to ge the best morphing for surgical planning.  Donald R. Nunn MD Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Computer Imaging for Rhinoplasty is Very Important

+1

Hi,again. Yesterday or so answered your prior question re advisability of surgery.

Our practice has performed computer imaging since 1989 and our patients have found it to very helpful in understanding what can be achieved. Imaging provides a superb " meeting of the minds" between patient and doctor; a great educational tool.

Helps take the mystery out of the process.

Many practices offer imaging. Our practice performs imaging with patients around the world. Visit our website, see web address just below this anser and just follow the instructions.

Whether the imaging is done with our practice or  any of the other excellent practices on RealSelf.com, you will be a leg up in visualizing the final result. That's important right. Shouldn't you see the predicted result of your procedure before you decide to do it??

-Robert Kotler, MD, FACS

Author, SECRETS OF A BEVERLY HILLS COSMETIC SURGEON

Robert Kotler, MD

Can Computer Imaging Be Done For My Nose?

+1

Computer imaging can always be done but IMHO, it creates an unrealistic view of results because the software manipulates the image in ways a Rhinoplasty could never accomplish.  I have performed Rhinoplasty for well over 20 years and I do not use imaging but rather have patients see real before and after examples of Rhinoplasty.  Do not settle for anything less.  Remember the computer is not doing the Rhinoplasty, the Rhinoplasty Surgeon is, so be sure to see examples of what he/she can and can not do.

3D rendering for rhinoplasty patients

+1

In the past, high quality photographs have been used to give patients a hand-drawn sketch of the goals for individual patients.  However, conceptually, this was difficult for some patients to grasp.  Recently, there has been a growing trend using 3D imaging to manipulate images digitally to improve both surgeon and patient understanding and visualization of rhinoplasty goals.  I use such a device (3dMD) in my practice to delineate all types of craniofacial problems, including correction of nasal deformities.  It involves synchronization of 4-5 cameras to take one complex photo that can be manipulated with proprietary software.  The advantages of 3D renderings is vast superior in terms of integrity in visualizing all dimensions of a proposed surgery.  However, using your provided images will not be sufficient.  This requires an in-person consultation in order to take this photo.  However, the caveat to using any available technology to help you visualize your results is that there can be no guarantee as to the final appearance achieved.  This is true of any qualified plastic surgeon you seek to perform your rhinoplasty.  There is ultimately no substitute for a proper and thorough office consultation to go over the challenges, expectations, and risks of any surgery.

Andre Panossian, MD, FACS
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon