Have I Compromised my Breast Augmentation by Exercising Too Soon?

I am two weeks post op and went to the gym. I was on the eliptical maching and held on to the hand rails to avoid movement on my chest. I also went to the grocery store and lifted my groceries in the car-- none too heavy. Later that afternoon I began to experience a burning pain. Two days later I am still experience burning pain. More painful than the surgery. Implants are underneath the muscle.

Early exercise after surgery

+1

It is a little early for such a degree of exercise, and I suggest toning it down a bit for another few weeks.  I tell my patients to walk and leisurely go about their daily routine, but not to do anything that will make them sweat for at least 3 weeks after surgery.  It is likely that the feelings you are experiencing are from temporary aggravation of the healing tissue and this will likely be fine in the end.  The more the tissues are stressed as they heal, the longer the healing will take, and the longer it will be until you are completely free of discomfort.  Slow and steady is the best way for recovery.

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

2 Weeks after Breast Augmentation and Exercise

+1

This could represent nothing more than muscle strain to a muscle that is trying to heal.  An exam is needed to determine if the pocket, shape, or anatomy has changed.  I would recommend waiting 4 to 6 weeks before going to the gym.

Have I Compromised my Breast Augmentation by Exercising Too Soon

+1

Take care, but you can exercise, first your breast should be swaddled in tight clothing, and start little by little.

Maria Cristina Picon, MD
Argentina Plastic Surgeon

Exercise to soon after breast augmentation

+1

You may very well be doing too much too soon. As for buring pain that can represent several different things, and it is best to be evaluated by your doctor.