Compression Wrap for Deflated Implants?

When breast implants are deflated by syringe, will I have to wear a compression bandage if I don't plan to replace my implants?

Compression after deflation...

+1

No, you will not need to wear a compression device/garment after a implant deflates or is intentionally deflated.  The saline will leak out and your breast tissue will slowly shrink as it does. 

There is no urgency to remove your shells but if the scarring does create sharp palpable edges, you should have the shells remove to prevent erosion through your skin and other complications.

Have your implants removed

+1

Deflation without removal can allow scarring over the long term which might be deforming. Have your implants removed to avoid this. It can be a low key operation.

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Implant Deflation

+1

If saline implants no longer serve an aesthetic purpose for you, they should be removed, not just deflated.

Stephan Baker, MD

Deflated implants

+1

Your question is a little confusing.  Are you planning to deflate your implants and leave them in?  If you wish to remove your implants, this can be done as an outpatient under local anesthetic.  The downtime and pain is minimal and the cost should be very reasonable.  As for your breasts after this, there are many factors which determine how they will look after explantation.  Some of these include: age, skin laxity, size of your previous implants, weight gain/loss since having implants put in, etc.  Good luck, Dr. P

Allan J. Parungao, MD
Oak Brook Plastic Surgeon