Best Compression Garments to Wear - BR & TT?

Just want your expert opinions on the above. I am a woman who is not comfortable in undergarments for long periods, but I know it's a must for all I'm having done. Ugh..., but I will endure it! I'm a large women and I know a lot of work will be done including muscle repair and lipo as well. What are your expert opinions on the best compression garments for BR & TT?

Garments after liposuction

+2

Marena, a Lawrenceville, GA firm, makes the best garments I know of. I have no financial interest in the firm. They are comfortable, light weight and the fabric breathes.

Your surgeon may have another preference. Typically for the tummy, a zippered garment plus a binder for support. For the breasts, an adjustable lightly compressive bra that fastens in front.

About 2-3 weeks, after surgery, I let my patients chose their own 'second stage', ie compression but no zippers and snaps. After 6 weeks, I let them buy new bras.

Even women who hate under garments come to appreciate them after surgery! Less swelling, more comfort. 

Post-Op Compression Garments

+1

We recommend Spanx to our patients. They provide great compression, most patients find them comfortable and they fit under clothing nicely. 

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Compression garments for breast reduction and tummy tuck

+1

There is no one best garment.  Make sure that it is something that fits you and that the material does not irritate your skin.  If it is not comfortable then you are not likely to wear it.

Good luck.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Garments for Breast Reduction and Tummy Tuck

+1

The most important thing is that you are comfortable in whatever garment you use. If you are uncomfortable you will either not use the garment or will be miserable during its use. Ultimately the purpose of the garments is to give the healing areas support and also to reduce swelling. Whatever accomplishes this and is as comfortable as possible is what you should wear.  There are so many types and styles out there that making a specific recommendation is not possible. There is very little medical evidence as to what effect garments have on the healing and the final result.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Compression Garment Protocol after Surgery

+1

Every surgeon will have a different garment and protocol for using compression after surgery.  Following a tummy tuck I will use a Velcro binder to keep some compression and hold while the drains are in place.  If I do liposuction I will have the compression in place for about six weeks.  After a breast reduction I will use a comfortable bra but not a lot of compression.

Any compression garment should be comfortable and easy to use. 

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon

The best garments after tummy tuck

+1

There is no one best garment after tummy tuck, and we use a simple velcro binder for the first four weeks. Thereafter the best garment will be the one you can get into and out of comfortably, and availability is also a factor. We like the Spanx Higher Power.

Confort and compression are best for elastic garments

+1

for elastic  comprehensive garments one should choose some important things for patients, 1.- seize for  a long, a short  a normal or obese patient? it exsists several seizes in garments

2.- the factory should elaborate them with cotton and elastic avoid plastic  or acrilic

3.- comprehention should be continuosly day and night and  avoid it  only for take a bath

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon