Compression Garments - Is Tighter Better?

I am 5 days out from smartlipo and wondering about all the various compression attire I have invested in. I really should have asked this from the beginning. What "fit" is best? The garment I got from the doc is not very tight as they said I want to be comfortable. However, I find I have less swelling when I wear a tighter one. Then again, I wonder if there is such a thing as "too tight." So, bottom line...should I look to wear the tightest one I can tolerate? What will provide best results?

Compression garments for liposuction

Too tight can interfere with blood flow at the hem. Moderately tight but not painful is the goal. Too loose will not provide benefit. Some people need a bigger size for the first two weeks when swelling is greatest and a smaller size as the swelling decreases.

Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Compresson garment

I do not think tight necessarily is good because that term connote contstriction. I would say conforming to the body.  If it is loose, it is not doing anything.

Tight compression

Always ask your chosen surgeon what he requires. I like tight but you are not my patient. From MIAMI DR. Darryl J. Blinski