Compression Garments - Is Tighter Better?

I am 5 days out from smartlipo and wondering about all the various compression attire I have invested in. I really should have asked this from the beginning. What "fit" is best? The garment I got from the doc is not very tight as they said I want to be comfortable. However, I find I have less swelling when I wear a tighter one. Then again, I wonder if there is such a thing as "too tight." So, bottom line...should I look to wear the tightest one I can tolerate? What will provide best results?

Compression garments for liposuction

+1

Too tight can interfere with blood flow at the hem. Moderately tight but not painful is the goal. Too loose will not provide benefit. Some people need a bigger size for the first two weeks when swelling is greatest and a smaller size as the swelling decreases.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/liposuction/index.html

Compresson garment

+1

I do not think tight necessarily is good because that term connote contstriction. I would say conforming to the body.  If it is loose, it is not doing anything.

Tight compression

+1

Always ask your chosen surgeon what he requires. I like tight but you are not my patient. From MIAMI DR. Darryl J. Blinski