Are Compression Garments Necessary for Slim Lipo for Chin and if So, How Long and Back to Work?

Do what you're Dr. tells you

+1

the garment is important. I have my patients wear it 24 seven and at first week and then in the evenings for one to two weeks after that.not only does it help with swelling but it helps maintain the contours of the work that your surgeon did. Don't go through all that time and expense and risk only not to wear the garment.

Where it as directed. Obviously, you can wear to work or in public but after that first week where it when you can.

I've had some patients not wear it at all for whatever reason whether it be social or professional appointments and it really takes a long time for their final result to come around

Chase Lay MD

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Compression garments after Liposuction

+1

We recommend that you wear the compression garment as much as possible for 3 to 6 weeks for the best result.  We realize that your do not want to wear this to work, but wear it when at home.  The garment really helps with the healing.  It is very important to follow post op instructions after surgery for the best result.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

+1

Compression garments are definitely important for any kind of laser liposuction, including the chin/neck.  The garment helps to shape the area and to decrease the swelling and the bruising.  We recommend wearing it as much as possible for at least three weeks but realize people do not want to wear a garment to work.  So, the garment can be removed for work or social events after a week and then worn when the patient is home after work and at night.

Paul M. Glat, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon