How Long is Compression Garment Worn After Vaser Lipo?

I had Vaser Lipo nearly 3 months ago on my arms the triceps. I have been wearing the compression bandage since.

My question is how long do you advise to wear this for? Some say the first couple days other say weeks. How long would you recommend to wear the bandage to get the maximum results from the lipo.

Compression Garments after Liposuction

+2

Compression garments are used after liposuction for various reasons:
- Keep the undermined skin against the muscles to promote proper adherence
- Reduce fluid formation between the skin and underlying muscles
- reduce swelling
- add support and comfort

Since in most patients adherence has occurred by 4-6 weeks, we find that compression garments no longer have a functional need and most plastic surgeons advice stopping their use. However, some people like the feel of support the garments give and like to wear them longer.

Garment

+1

Follow the recommendation of your plastic surgeon.  Different surgeons have different philosopies on post-op lipo garments.  I ask patients to wear garments for 4 - 6 weeks.  Follow your doctor's orders.

Edmond A. Zingaro, MD