Is is OK to Keep Wearing Compression Garment After Smart Lipo Recovery?

I had Smart Lipo done and I've been wearing a Macom medical compression garment for about 6 weeks. Is it okay to continue wearing this garment long-term? I've grown accustomed to the tight/slender feeling and would like to keep wearing it if it is good for me. Also, is it okay to do exercise in them?

Extended wear of compression garment

+1

Yes, you can certainly continue to wear the compression garment. It’s only required to wear for a full 7 days post surgery. There is nothing wrong with wearing it during your exercise routine either.

Long term wearing of compression garment

+1

It is ok to continue to wear the garment provided that you don't have creases of the garment digging into your skin. Some do like to wear it during work-outs but again, make sure it's not causing a crease in your skin. Also make sure you launder it after exercise and wear a fresh one immediately after.

Ronald Shelton, MD