Can I Use a Compression Garment After Zeltiq?

I just got my lower abs and muffin tops done (zeltiq) and I was wondering if I can use a compression garment to help the fat disolve and keep the skin tight. I know is not necessary as with liposuction but maybe I thought it could help. Thanks

Compression Garment after Coolsculpting

+3

Hi,

You don't need a compression garment after coolsculpting unlike lipo because with lipo you need to wear a compression garment to get the overlying skin to attach to the remaining fat below.  With coolsculpting it is a slow gradual reduction in fat that does not cause a gap between your fat and overlying skin.  The only reason to wear a compression garment is to reduce some of the symptoms of twinges, cramps, or skin sensitivity after the procedure.  Actually it is probably more comfortable to wear tight pantyhose, Spanx or Ace wrap the area for a short time until the symptoms resolve.

Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Making Cool Sculpting Work Better for You

+2

Wearing a compression garmet immediately after Cool Scultping has been great for our patients!  Its sort of like asking, "why wear compression after laser assisted liposuction?", of course you would.  When we began Cool Sculpting we had heard about the discomfort, bruising, and swelling that you, the patients were talking about on Real Self, so our patients from the begining, were asked if the minded using compression, short term,  for 3 to 5 days, after their Zeltiq Cool Sculpting treatments, and no one said no.  And what a difference, just what you would expect, bruising almost none, greater comfort, less swelling, and results that look great and may even be seen sooner.

Douglas J. Key, MD
Portland Dermatologic Surgeon

Compression Garment Necessity after Zeltiq

+2

Wonderful question gaby_girrl. A compression garment after Zeltiq will not be able to improve the fat removal process or assist in the tightening of your overlying treated skin. Therefore, it is not necessary to wear a compression garment after receiving Zeltiq. Wishing you the best.

Jennifer Peterson, MD
Houston Dermatologist

Compression garment after zeltiq

+2

Zeltiq or coolsculting does not require a compression garment after treatment. However, if you would like to wear one, it will not change your results.

Lori A. Brightman, MD

Cool Sculpting and compression

+1
I prefer to use other alternatives like a waist binder or spanks.  Formal compression is more than you need.

Body reshaping can be performed with a cannula that removes fat via liposuction or with noninvasive technology like Cool Sculpting. With Cool Sculpting there is no cannula inserted into your body. All treatments are performed on the surface from the outside in using technology that freezes the fat. Don’t hesitate to give us a call in Austin regarding a Body Reshaping Consult at the Upper Room. On our Facebook Page there is an Interview I recently did with KVUE, a local news station in Austin, that was picked by affiliates around the United States, including Miami. During the Interview we discussed the technology of Cool Sculpting as well as it application process.

The discomfort from treatment does resolve. Taking over the counter tylenol or naproxen resolves this in the majority of cases. If you have swelling that is persistent then a waist binder is helpful.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

Compression Garment post CoolSculpting

+1
You may definitely wear a compression garment after CoolSculpting, although it is not necessary. It can help with comfort and relieving some of the side effects from the treatment such as swelling and tenderness. While it may not greatly change the overall outcome of your final result, it will not harm it.

Steven H. Williams, MD

Compression garments as part of CoolSculpting Complete

+1

In my practice we offer all patients a compression garment at no charge with their CoolSculpting treatment. We find that patients feel more comfortable following the treatment when wearing a compression garment. We also 

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Compression garments are not needed after CoolSculpting

+1

I doubt you would adversely affect the results of the CoolSculpting by wearing a compression garment but there is no evidence that it will help improve the result. You may wish to check with your doctor if there is any reason to avoid wearing it based on how your treatment with Zeltiq went. Compression garments are routinely worn after liposuction because of how they help flatten the tunnels of empty space created by the fat removal and it helps minimize bruising, none of which are needed in Zeltiq.  There can be bruising with Zeltiq but this is an immediate bruise from the suction, unlike the bleeding from deeper canals in liposuction that occurs during and after the treatment (although it is minimized with tumescent liposuction).

Ronald Shelton, MD

Garment after CoolSculpting

+1

Although a compression garment will not hurt, I do not think it will significantly help either.  With CoolSculpting, the reduction of fat cells is gradual and there is minimal swelling associated with the procedure so you shouldn't need the garment.  But.... if you want to wear one, again, it won't hurt. 

Best Wishes!

Nope on the Garments

+1

No garment is necessary after Zeltiq.  Gentle massaging of the area for 5 minutes after the procedure is all that is necessary.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon