Using a Compression Band After Breast Augmentation?

I just had my saline implants, 515cc, changed to silicone 550cc. I want natural appearance where they "sag." It has been 8 days since my surgery. My doctor never told me about compression bands butIs it too late to start using one?

Compression bands help move the implants down

+3

And they are effective if started within the first 3 weeks of surgery and lose their effectiveness the longer you wait from your surgery date.  You should be fine assuming that the capsule on the inferior half was released to allow your implant to stretch it out.

Use of the Bandeau

+1

If your breast are riding a bit "high" then you can use a a band across the top of the breasts called a bandeau. This can aid in helping the breast settle.  

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

+1

No, it is not too late to start using the compression band. Breast implants tend to “settle” over the first several months after the procedure is performed.

Best wishes; hopefully, you will be pleased with the long-term outcome of the procedure performed.

+1

It is best to ask your surgeon about this. However, for an implant exchange or a small increase in size, a band may not be needed. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Follow your surgeon's advice about post-op care

+1

Your own surgeon will have a policy and recommendation about the use of compression bands (subpectoral straps) after breast augmentation. It would be inappropriate for others to give advice for that reason. With >500 cc implants, there will likely be some settling anyway.

Richard Baxter, MD

Not too late for a compression band

+1

A compression band over the top of the of the breast can help speed up the settleing process and we find it helpful for the first two weeks after augmentation. It is not too late for you to ask your surgeon for one.

+1

I don't think it's too late, but it would certainly be best to discuss the matter with your own surgeon.

All the best.