Is It Normal To Still Be Swelling When Not Wearing Compression Belt 2 Months Post-Op Vaser?

I am 43 yrs old woman, 9 weeks post op vaser on my upper and lower abs and back,one week after the procedure and post ops,my doc advised me the use of body wrapping belts along with the compression garment.I live in a cold place and can bear the disconfort of compression garment and belts.My skin looks absolutely normal with no strech markSoon after unwrapping the belts the new shape looks great,but staying a few hrs without belts alone on compression garment causes swelling again.Is this normal?

Vaser Liposuction

+1

Swelling can persist for 6 months and the garment is important until you stop swelling. Thank you for your question and good luck with everything.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Recurrence of swelling following Vaser.

+1

• Post-operative garments and padding belts and cushions are normally advised to use for about 6 weeks following Vaser operation. You might have had High definition Vaser if your surgeon instructed you to wear it longer.
  • We recently audited post-operative recovery symptoms and complications on 100 patients done at our clinic. Although on average post-operative swelling lasted around 2 weeks, some patients were reporting it after 43 days
  • As any liposuction technique Vaser also temporarily impairs normal lymphatic drainage in soft tissues. A compression garment aids to maintain pressure in the recovering lymphatic vessels and keeps inter cellular fluid flow. Once this aid is removed lymphatic drainage gets compromised and swelling recurs. This will become less apparent with time. Try to keep the garment off at night time first, then start taking it off during the day, lengthening time of the garment being off. Gentle lymphatic manual massage will help to stimulate your lymphatic drainage.

Alexandra Chambers, MD
London Dermatologist