How long should I compress my breasts for after explant, without lift or capsule removal?

How long should I compress my breasts for the best results after an explant? I went from a 32D to 32A and have been wearing a sports bra with an ace bandage wrap since my explant procedure last week. I was planning on wearing this 24/7 for one more week and then wearing only a sports bra 24/7 for another 2 months. Will this give me the best result for lift and help the skin bounce back? Any extra tips? Thank you :)

Compression after implant removal.

+2
Depending on how long you had your implants in place, there is a scar capsule of some degree of maturity left after implants are removed. This scar capsule encloses a virtual space that usually collects serum, sometimes in visible amounts. This can help camouflage the change from D to A, but also inhibits the pocket from healing shut and allowing the skin to recover as much as it can. Elasticity may not be so good after large(r) implants, and no amount of compression can restore you to what you had before implants. I'm sorry this is so, but that is something you should be aware of.

I'd recommend something similar to your plan, which sounds just fine. But please check with your surgeon. Please also understand that your appearance ultimately has less to do with compression than how much elasticity you lost and how much your breast skin retains (age, genetics, size of implants, etc. all play a role here).

Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

How long wear compression

+1
There is no set answer to this question.Compression longer is better than shorter.Alot really depends on the quality of your skin.If you have a lot of stretch marks and thinning of the overlying tissues than there really is no sense in wearing compression for more than 3 or 4 weeks.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Implant removal and compression

+1
Removing implants alone if there was not major capsule is usually ok and they will collapse on their own. I often drain them.  As for compression this is a surgeon preference I suppose so you should ask yours.