How Can You Have a Compound Melanocytic Nevus, Recurrent Nevus when This Was the First Mole Removal?

+1

Thank you for your question. Usually when a mole is removed, there's a possibility of re-growth, called a recurrent nevus. Melanocytic nevi are usually benign and left untreated unless there's a change in size, color, shape and evolving. I would recommend a yearly skin cancer check by a Board Certified Dermatologist. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Types of moles from a mole removal - nevus

+1

The diagnosis is likely a combination of patient history given by the dermatologist and the pathologist's diagnosis.  I would ask for a clarification, for accuracy sake, from your clinician. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS