Can I Use Composite Filling Under Veneer? What Kind of Cement Should I Use?

I am a dentist and i have a case with 2 old ceramic crowns on 2 upper centrals and need to replace it with new crowns and 2 veneers on the laterals..there is also decay on one lateral...my treatment plane is to replace the 2 crowns with Empress+2 veneers..my questions are: 1-how can i adjust the shade with the cement to be same in full crowns and veneers? (i have RelyX unicem cement and RelyX veneer cement) 2-can i use composite filling for the decay under veneer?how veneer can bond to composite

Veneer cementation, etc

+3

I would take your question and ask it on a site like Dentaltown which is more geared to answer that type of question.  I think you need more CE if you need help.

Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Composite Filling and Cement Under Veneers

+2

My understanding is that this is a forum for dental patients, NOT DENTISTS!

I sincerely believe that you should NOT be doing "Cosmetic Dentistry" without the proper continuing education, including "hands-on courses", and "practice, practice, practice!

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist

Anterior veneers and crowns

+1

Completely agree with my previous colleague! This is the forum for patients, not for the dentists. And based on the types of questions that you`re asking, you definitely shouldn`t do any aesthetic work! How you`re planning to replace the crowns with veneers? You definitely need to get more education before you will start to treat such patients!

Olga Kharevich, DMD, PhD (in memoriam)
Miami Cosmetic Dentist