Will Composite Bonding Work for Me or Do I Need Veneers? (photo)

Tooth Bonding an Option

+1

A variety of options could work for you, including orthodontic treatments like Invisalign and porcelain veneers.Although veneers cost more, they are an effective and long-lasting way of making teeth look straighter without orthodontics. Bonding is a more affordable treatment, however it's also slightly less durable. Because your current oral health may affect how well you tolerate bonding, it's a good idea to see your general or cosmetic dentist for a consultation to discuss the best options for you.

Take care,
Dr. Aurasteh

Beverly Hills Cosmetic Dentist

Are you a candidate for veneers?

+1

Always my first choice is for you to see an orthodontist to see how difficult it is to realign your teeth and get a great smile without any veneers or cosmetic bonding.  However, you can always go to a cosmetic oriented dentist and get a diagnostic wax-up to see how you would look if you did cosmstic bonding-either in plastic or porcelain.  Much success-Be patient and do then right treatment for you! 

Wendy S. Spektor, DDS
Bellevue Cosmetic Dentist

Neither bonding nor veneers are recommended in you case

+1

You have a classic Class II Division 2 type of bite (occlusion) and this responds extremely well to braces or Invisalign. Class II div2 means that your two front teeth are tilted too far back and many times the edges appear to be hanging down too much, in addition the laterals are slighly rotated and out too much which make the centrals appear even more out of place.

By FAR THE BEST OPTION FOR YOU IS ORTHODONTICS. You will not have to alter the teeth or add any materials and your bite will improve. I always include bleaching as part of Invisalign treatment. Once the teeth are properly aligned and whiter, I think you will be very happy and you won't have to worry about having to re-do expensive treatment (whether it is bonding or  veneers) years later (and you will have to have it re-done at some point).

Having said that, we have to see how large the teeth are. If the teeth are too small or if you don't like the actual shape of the teeth then you may need very conservative esthetic work afterward (like gum re-contouring or small bondings).

Good luck

Dr. T

Mauricio C. Tijerino, DMD
Miami Beach Cosmetic Dentist

Dental Bonding Or Porcelain Veneers?

+1

The answer to your question depends on what you are looking for.  Dental bonding would give you a marginal result at a lower cost.  Porcelain veneers could be done and this would give you a stunning, natural improvement to your smile.  Veneers would be the ideal option aesthetically, but also would add to the cost.  I would recommend contacting a cosmetic dentist and have them give you a both options.  Good luck.  

Scott Young, DDS
Houston Cosmetic Dentist

Bonding or veneers

+1

you can get both. here's what you have to decide

bonding is cheaper, and does not last as long as a veneer and it will stain differently than that of your natural teeth. 

veneers last longer, do  not stain and more expensive.

good luck

Soheyla Marzvaan, DDS
Orange County Cosmetic Dentist

Consider What Exactly Bothers You...

+1

You do have several options for your smile.  I always start my consultation with the question... What bothers you the most about your smile?  Bonding and/or veneers will change size, shape, and color of your teeth in your smile line.  Both could actually be very conservative as mentioned.  Both procedures could be completed in 1 visit.  Cost difference is about double between bonding and veneers.  However, bonding will change color over time and will need to be replaced more quickly compared to porcelain veneers.  Veneers do not change color, shape, or size but will require a little more investment by the patient. 

Another option, as your teeth appear to be a nice shape and color, are braces.  6 month braces or invisalign may be an option for you preserving your natural tooth structure.  With ortho (braces), lots of office also include teeth whitening with their cases.  This may be an great route to take if you want to be more conservative on budget and/or your natural tooth structure.

Greg Friedman, DDS
San Diego Cosmetic Dentist

Can I do Bonding or Veneers

+1

From the one photo you submitted I think you would be a candidate for bonding or veneers. Both could give you an excellent result and be done very conservatively as far as preserving your natural tooth structure. Your decision would be based more upon your budget and the difference in longevity between bonding and veneers.

Donald L. Wilcox, DDS
Phoenix Cosmetic Dentist

Should i have bonding or veneers?

+1

I feel veneers or crowns last longer and look better in almost all cases, however the cost is more good luck

Kevin Coughlin DMD, MBA, MAGD    CEO Baystate Dental pc

Kevin Coughlin, DMD
Springfield Cosmetic Dentist