Composite Alar Rim Graft, Raise in Time?

I had an alar rim graft put in on one side four weeks ago. Now, that side, which was higher before, is lower than the other. Dr says it will come up a bit with time. Is that usually the case with alar rim composite grafts?

+1

Hi,

At this point you can blame the swelling. I think that you have to wait at least 3 to 6 months at which point if its still too high then you can ask your surgeon to re-evaluate it.

Dr.S.

Asymmetrical Nostril Rim after Composite Alar Rim Graft

+1

There is always swelling after any surgery. Four weeks after a composite alar rim graft you do have normal temporary swelling that is causing the asymmetry. Patience is necessary.