Will I Have Complications if I Use a Less Experienced Surgeon?

I want to do a soft rhinoplasty (cartilage of nose tip). I am afraid my surgeon mess it up. He is an experienced cosmetic surgeon teacher. But I am not convinced with his rhinoplasty profile. I live in Egypt , so the good doctors are expensive and unavailable.

Dear rhinoplasty patient

+2

Rhinoplasty surgery is a very demanding, tricky, and unforgiving branch of plastic surgery.  If you have a below-average result you may end up with much less attractive nose and  breathing problems.  When it comes to rhinoplasty, I would rather you didn't have a rhinoplasty than risk a bad result.  Or better yet, save your money and do more homework on finding a good surgeon that you can afford.  Personal recommendation from people who you actually know and who have had a similar nose type are great.  Good luck to you. Dr. Vatrtanian

Glendale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Results and rhinoplasty

+2

I have to say do not sacrifice for good results.  Doing it right the first time is always best.  Good luck.

You may get a good result

+2
All of the experienced plastic surgeon started with no experience. You may get a good result if your surgeon is confident and also you have acess to his previous surgeon. We all praying for the Eygept people.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Best Rhinoplasty--You Usually Get What You Pay For

+2

Hi Zyzz,

You usually get what you pay for with rhinoplasty.  Your nose is on the center of your face for the rest of your life.  Best to save up and have someone with experience operate on your nose.  Congratulations on your country's push for freedom and democracy, hopefully you will continue on the path to true freedom and peace.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Don't have your rhinoplasty with an inexperienced surgeon

+2

You would be well advised not to have the surgery at all rather than having it done by a rookie.  You can't fix bad rhinoplasties very easily.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Experience Matters in Rhinoplasty

+1
Experience matters - especially in rhinoplasty. Rhinoplasty is one of the most complex plastic surgical procedures and as such choosing an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon is important. Every nose is different and your surgeon should be able to customize a surgical plan to meet your needs. The consultation is important - discuss if your expectations are realistic, look at before and after photos and feel comfortable that the surgeon has sound surgical plan.

Good luck,

Dr. Kaniff

Thomas E. Kaniff, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty by a Specialist

+1

When choosing a rhinoplasty surgeon, it is prudent to find a surgeon that has experience with rhinoplasty.  You will be able to tell by asking the surgeon how many rhinoplasty surgeries they perform each year and seeing many before and after photos of noses similar to yours.

Although your tip changes seem minimal, they are some of the most difficult results to achieve. Trying to save now by using an experienced surgeon can cost you in the future. If this is not possible, I would advise you to wait.

Jacob D. Steiger, MD
Boca Raton Facial Plastic Surgeon

Inexprienced Rhinoplasty Surgeon

+1

A good teacher is not always a good surgeon. Pick an experienced surgeon. The results will be with you the rest of your life. If a revision is necessary, the surgery will ultimately always cost you more.

Complications with less experienced surgeons.

+1

You have a very fine surgeon in Cairo, Dr. Hossan Foda. You should not have any problem as he is a fine experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.

Rhinoplasty experience

+1

Rhinoplasty can be easily messed up by inexperienced surgeons. My advice is to save your money and go to someone who can demonstrate their excellent results to you. Remember, this is your face and if you get a substandard result, it will be very difficult to hide and could be even more costly to repair.

Jason D. Meier, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon