Complications using septal cartillages for rhinoplasty?

Dear doctors, I have a little bulbous tip and would love to raise my tip using septal cartilage (Yes, I do not want to feel a dent on my ear lol). What will be the complications from harvesting septal cartillages?

Bulbous tip rhinoplasty and septal cartilage harvest

+1

Without pictures it's impossible to say whether or not cartilage grafting would be necessary to raise the tip. In many instances there are other maneuvers that can be performed on the tip to raise it without adding cartilage grafting. The bulbous tip is best addressed with tip suturing techniques to the lower lateral cartilages. If cartilage needs to be harvested from inside the septum, there are very little complications that can occur as long as enough cartilage is left for structural integrity

Septum: The Ideal Graft Material

+1

Septal cartilage is an ideal source for graft material to improve tip definition. The septal cartilage tends to be quite sturdy.  When used as a columellar strut to increase tip projection, septal cartilage is the best graft material to ensure long lasting improvement.

Monte Harris, MD
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Complications using septal cartilages for rhinoplasty?

+1

I do not use grafts unless absolutely necessary.  Septal cartilage harvest is not particularly complication prone.  

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.