Complications from Laser Lipo For Fat Transfer From Knees to Butt?

I had my doctor do some lipo so that he could inject fat into dimples on my butt. My dr. decided to take fat from my knees just minutes before my surgery saying it was better fat. As a result from this I ended up with extremely swollen knees to the point where I could hardly walk. I also developed huge blisters and redness on my knees from the procedure. I want to know if you have ever heard of anything like this. I am know going to have to pay $100's of dollars trying to fix the discoloration.

Complications From Laser Lipo of Knees

+2

Thank you for your question. I am sorry to hear of your experience.

The blistering on your knees is likely caused either by too much heat (a burn) from too aggressive Laser Energy application or from a too tight compressive garment.

A too tight garment will impede blood flow to the skin. Too much laser energy will cause a burn blister.

Discoloration should improve with time.

However, see your doctor. There are non surgical techniques available to help with pigmentation

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/boston-laser-liposuction/slim-liposuction-selective-laser-induced-melting-of-fat/

Laser liposuction and fat transfer

+2

I would not recommend using the material aspirated from a laser liposuction procedure for fat transfer.  There would be few if any viable cells available in this material.  From your description of your knees it sounds like they need an evaluation to make sure you don't have a hematoma or an infection.  Physical exam is very important.

Fat transfer after las. er lipolysis??

+2

if laser assisted liposuction is performed on an area that fat is essentially thermally destroyed and has limited viability. this fat is NOT recommended for fat transfer. Im not sure why a surgeon would perform fat transfer using a thermally denatured fat as it will not last

Laser LIpo

+2

Laser lipo and the use of any sort of energy will destroy the fat cells by the energy used and the removed fat is not suitable for fat transfer because iit is a dead fat.

Lase lipo is a good marketing tool, nothing majick. Infact recent discussions in cosmetic surgery try to avoid any source of energy in liposuction because of the high rate of complicationa and the difficulty in r

Laser Lipo and Fat Transfer

+2

This sounds unusual.  Also, they should not do laser lipo if they are going to use that fat for transferring, because the laser kills the fat cells.  So, more information would be needed about your particular case to give an informed opinion.

Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Laser Lipo Complications

+1

Thank you for your question. Blisters are unusual, and usually due to an adhesive allergy with tape. If tape was used, this is the usual cause. If you had an infection, the redness may have been from that, but if you were not infected, then healing is still occurring. Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, and make a plan. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon