Possible Complications from Frequent Radiesse Injections?

Are there complications from frequent Radiesse injections for non-surgical Rhinoplasty? I have no nose bridge, so 3.5 months ago, I had Radiesse injected into nose bridge. 3 months ago, I had Radiesse nose touch-up.

What's odd was both times, after I woke up 2nd day after injection, nose bridge seemed 50% lower than 1st day. Now I'm considering another Radiesse nose injection by different doctor(~0.3 ml) because nose bridge looks 60% flatter than 1st day of injection.

I saw a doctor post that frequent injections might cause skin necrosis, but if Radiesse looks 60% gone after 3.5 months, will there still be complications with 3 Radiesse nose injections in 4 months?

Radiesse to the bridge of the nose

+2

Be cautious about Radiesse or any filler in the bridge of the nose as this is close to the glabellar region of the forehead and there have been complications from vascular occlusion to the blood vessels in this region. If some of the Radiesse moves during the treatment and fills in the glabella, you might notice pain in the forehead and a discoloration that later forms a scab and then a scar. This is rare but can happen when injecting directly in the glabella above the bridge of the nose.

Frequent Radiesse

+1

It all depend on how much is injected and the technique, the area is very vascular injection technique is important, I have a blunt needle that I use.

How deep you put the Radiesse. On the long run it is more prudent to do the surgery, it might be less expensive and less risk.

Major Radiesse complications occur when it's injected too superficially

+1

The major complications from Radiesse injections occur from too superficial placement of the material. In general, there is good longevity from Radiesse injections. In most cases, there should rarely be a need for frequent Radiesse injections. 

Sigmund L. Sattenspiel, MD
Freehold Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse for Rhinoplasty Results

+1

There are limits to what a non surgical rhinoplasty can do. You may be pushing the envelope and asking for problems with all the injections. I would recommend stopping all the injections, and having a rhinoplasty done.

You will continue with spend more and more money over time and will not have permanent results ever with injections, but you could have permanent devastating results from the injections.

Farbod Esmailian, MD