After 2 Rhinoplasties Nostrils are Uneven and I Have Breathing Issues, is it Possible to Still be Swollen After 3 Years? (photo)

I have had 2 Rhinoplasties the primary was about 3 1/2 years ago and the revision was about 3 years ago. Since my last revision I have had uneven nostrills with what looks like a piece of skin sticking out in my nostril, (reference pictures below) as well as a piece of bone sticking out of the bridge of my nose causing a hump and a white discouloration on the bridge of nose. I am also have breathing issues. Is my tip swollen after 3 yrs? Any advice or opinons of my nose would be appreciated.

NasalAsymmetry and Breathing Problems 3 Years after Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

3 years after your revision rhinoplasty there is asymmetry of your nostrils and tip, a bony irregularity of the nasal bridge and you describe compromised breathing. Swelling from your last procedure has resolved. You will not see any positive changes in appearance or function. Improvements can be achieved if your work is done by an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon.

Three years after rhinoplasty, is there swelling?

+1

After years after surgery, result that you see is the final result, and not secondary to your swelling. On the view from below, you can see what appears to be septum partially obstructing. However evaluation of airway issues should be performed by a competent physician. At that time, he/she may make recommendations.

John E. Sherman, MD

3 yrs post op and breathing problems

+1

I looked at your pictures, and it is hard to see the piece of skin sticking out from the nostril, that you reference, so I can comment on that. As far as the nostril it appears that you had alar base reduction and you have an uneven result and small nostrils. This issue and the skin sticking out may be the cause of your obstruction.

It also appears that you have a bony spicule on the bridge, this may can be filed down. As far as the asymmetry, this be very hard to correct since skin was already removed. Some improvement can be achieved by repositioning the skin sticking out, which really sounds like a collapsed lateral wall of your nasal tip.

I would suggest you consult with a rhinoplasty specialist. Best of luck,

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon