Complication After Laser Scar Removal Procedure? (photo)

I'm 27. One year ago I started laser skin resurfacing to get rid of two small scars on my leg. They were scars after ingrown hair. I went through five procedures in one laser centre, the scars didn't go away. I did two more procedures with Cutera Fraxel Laser, the last one a one month ago. I think they burned me. The doc also made cortisone shots into my scars, now my skin's a bit recessed and looks purple. If the burns look like this after a month, do I have a chance they'll get lighter?

Laser scar revision

+1

scar revision may be accomplished in many different ways. Cortisone shots can help lessen the thickening of new collagen in scars but it can induce more blood vessels and cause a darker color. It can also create an indentation from over thinning of the subcutaneous tissues. You should see an experienced board certified dermatologist as the lesion appears not dissimilar from a benign dermatofibroma which is doubtfully caused by an ingrown hair. 

Laser Scar Removal

+1

First, do you know for a fact that the lesions were scars and not a scar-like growth called a dermatofibroma? Did you see a dermatologist to confirm the diagnosis first?

Second, you just need to take a break from any form of treatment for at least one year. If you have had 7 procedures in one year, you have really been over-treated. Legs take a VERY long time to heal. Use a sunscreen and don't even think about further treatment until this time next year.

Austin Dermatologic Surgeon