How complicated is an areola reduction? Skill needed, risks and recovery time?

I recently underwent a breast revision, one of my requests was during the revision my areolas be made smaller. Not only are my areolas not smaller , but they are not pointing the same direction. If I were to go to a revision doctor for areola reduction how complicated is recovery? Can it be done under local anesthesia? Can nipples be resewn on in correct placement? Could this cause the breast to dent or have other complications? Risk of Encapsulation ?

Areola reduction

+1
Hi Areola reduction is a simple procedure that can be performed under local anaesthetic in the office, and you will be able to improve the symmetry of nipple position with the surgery. You will be able to return to work within a few days. If the reduction is a large amount then it may temporarily flatten the breast a little but will not cause a dent, or cause capsulation. Regards Dr Charles Cope

Sydney Plastic Surgeon