How to Completely Get Rid of Stretch Marks on Full Body??

I have a four year old son (my only child) and have stretch marks on the top of my breasts, my FULL stomach (not just below the belly button), my inner thighs, buttocks, hips, and back of my calves. It may sound like a bit of an exaggeration, but unfortunately for me, it is not (see pics). If I were to get laser stretch mark removal, would ONE SESSION include a laser beam going across ALL of these hideous scars or just ONE area?? And is trying to get this taken care of inexpensively impossible?

Stretch marks and tummy tuck

+1

Unfortunately stretch marks cannot be removed by any non-surgical method. Fresh (red) stretch marks have a better chance of being treated and lightened, but not removed. The only way they can be removed is through surgery.  You can have about 70% of the stretch marks removed from your abdomen (almost everything below the belly button) by a tummy tuck.  Can't do anything about the buttocks.  Stretch marks are caused because the skin is stretched beyond its capacity to recoil. Its like a rubber band that is over stretched and can never regain its original shortened length. Any laser that claims to tighten skin has not addressed the basic physiologic problem which is a dermis that is overstretched. The laser will however help the coloration but the stretch marks themselves will persist. You have to ask yourself if the goal is stretch mark removal or if its the discoloration that bothers you. Your best option is to have them surgically remove where appropriate. Unfortunately not all areas are amenable to surgery. Visit with a plastic surgeon.

Unfortunately there is no way of getting completely rid of stretch marks

+1

Even if one has all the finances in the world, there is no way of completely removing stretch marks.  Stretch marks are a form of a scar.  Scars are permanent.  They can be usualy made smaller and narrower but not removed altogether.

Emily Altman, MD
Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon