Can You Completely Recover if 2/3 of Muscle and Tendon Removed from Upper Eyelid Bleph? (photo)

Original surgery w ps was June 8 2012 when mishap happened. Oculoplastic surgeon did ptosis repair August 13, 2012. Had fat graft month ago. Still disappointed w result. Dr wants to now tweak right eye perhaps. Will make judgement in 3 months. Is there anything else I can do to repair damage done to left eye from original ps bleph? Scared to mess w good eye until I know I've done all I can to help left eye. I cry every night.

Eyelid Damage during surgery!

+2

This situation is very complicated.   It would be a great help to know what you looked like before any surgery whatsoever.   It would be useful to know what exactly was done in all of your surgeries.  I would suggest you consult with Glenn Jelks, MD in New York city.  Your present situation is very complicated but can be corrected.   Do not despair.   See Glenn Jelkes, MD  My Best,  Dr C

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

You do not tell us when your photos are taken.

+2

You have a complicated situation.  Under these circumstances, it makes sense to seek more than one opinion.  I would recommend more healing before letting a surgeon "fix" the eyelid some more.  You only get so many eyelid fixes in your life and then as you suggest, it is hard to make better.  Slow down and see more eyelid experts.

Revisional ptosis surgery

+1

It is best to wait 3-6 months from your last eyelid surgery to evaluate the problem and try another surgery.  The good news is that it is possible to lift a droopy eyelid that has been operated on before using a special technique called full-thickness eyelid resection ptosis surgery. I have written and presented on this topic. A complete examination is needed to decide if you are a candidate. See an oculoplastic surgeon familiar with the procedure.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Post operative upper eyelid ptosis

+1

I do not understand if you had upper eyelid ptosis prior to your original blepharoplasty and how do you know that there was an injury to the levator muscle and its associated tendon.  This would certainly cause a problem but it would be quite a rare problem.  

Ptosis Repair Can Difficult!

+1

Thank you for your pictures.  I am sorry about the issues with the original surgery.  I certainly, would not do anything to the right eye! I would let healing occur over several months and determine if the left eye still need "tweeking" of the ptosis repair.

Best Wishes

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS