I Have Completely Lost Feeling in my Breasts

I had surgery 2 and a half years ago and I had extremley small breasts beforehand. Although my breasts aren't exactly large, compared to what they were, the skin has been stretched a lot. I have no good sensation in my breasts when they are touched and I was wondering if this is because I can only really feel the implant now because I have hardly any breast tissue. My breasts were so sensitive before surgery. If I were to downsize my implants would this make any kind of difference?

Breast Sensation changes after Augmentation

+1

Larger implants can cause more pressure on surrounding nerves and potentially lead to decreases in sensation. However, after 2.5 years, I doubt any improvement would occur with size change, and would not recommend that to improve your symptoms. There is always a risk of permanent sensation changes with breast surgery, and unfortunately, that may be the case for you.

Sensory Loss after Augmentation

+1

Loss of sensation in the nipple is something that occurs occasionally (<5%) with breast augmentations.  After 2+ years it is very unlikely that you have any significant change in your sensation.  This would not improve with a change in the size of your implants.

John Whitt, MD

Loss of nerve sensation after breast augmentation

+1

There is no way to predict whether the loss or diminished sensation is permanent or temporary. YOur best option is to try this by downsizing and re-sassessing after 3-6 months.

Breast surgery

+1

unfortunately, if the breast augmentation injured the anteriolateral branch of the 4 th intercostal nerve then you will never regain normal sensation.  This occurs very infrequently.  Sensation has returned many years following breast augmentation so I would just wait for now

Christopher K. Livingston, MD