Do I Have to Go Completely Under for Fat Transfer to My Butt?

Do I Have to Go Completely Under for Fat Transfer? I would like to get liposuction and the fat transferred to my behind. The problem is, I do not want to be put completely to sleep. Will This be a Problem.

No general for butt lift

+1

I'm sure it can be done but I wouldn't do it . I feel the operation of taking the fat and injecting the fat in multiple places especially in the prone position is better almost manditory under general

Fat transfer with IV sedation

+1

Although most procedures that require the patient to be prone (lying on your stomach) do require a general anesthetic, IV sedation is an option

Sam Naficy, MD

Fat Transfer to My Butt...

+1

A fat transfer to the buttock is otherwise known as a Brazilian Butt Lift. If you are a good candidate, it is an excellent choice with a natural outcome.  This procedure is a two step process which first involves liposuction, then multiple fat transfers. The best results will be achieved if you go under general anesthesia for the liposuction portion and the first fat injection.  While you are under anesthesia, the surgeon will be able to be more aggressive with the fat removal which will benefit you in the long run.  It possibly can be done while awake, but the surgeon may not be able to remove as much fat for later transfer because of the discomfort involved. It is best to wait about three months until the next fat transfer. The amount of subsequent transfers following the liposuction depends on the size you are looking to achieve, but they can be done under local anesthesia.

Shain A. Cuber, MD
Edison Plastic Surgeon