Is It Possible to Completely Change my Nose Shape? (photo)

There are four nose changes I want: 1. I want the base to only be one inch wide. Right now the base is almost two inches wide. 2. I want the bridge to be higher, MUCH higher between the eyes, like the guy in the picture. 3. I want smaller nostrils and for them to be less prevalent. 4. I want the tip to be pointier. I really want it to look JUST like the guy in the picture. (I also plan on getting a chin implant, lip reduction and cheek augmentation) Is this possible? or should I just give up?

There are Some Things About Your Nose That You Cannot Change

+3

Pictures of noses you like, and specific changes that you want to see made, are helpful to your surgeon to guide the surgical technique. Unfortunately, you will never look like the picture you have posted. The biggest difference that cannot be changed is the thickness of your skin. When a rhinoplasty is done, we are essentially lifting the skin off of the bone and cartilage that forms the shape of the nose, changing the configuration of the bone and cartilage to look the way that we want, and then laying the skin back down on top of this new structure. The reason that the man in the picture has such a defined nose is that his skin is so thin that you can see all of the minute detail of the bone and cartilage underneath. Even if we were to make the same changes to the bone and cartilage in you, the thickness of the skin would not allow us to see these changes fully. Your nose would be narrower, taller, thinner, and more defined, but would not have the chiseled appearance you see in the photo. Ultimately, whether or not you should proceed with a rhinoplasty comes down to your expectations. If you would be happy with a nose that looks somewhat between what you have now and the picture you posted then considering the rhinoplasty makes sense. If you think you would not be happy unless you look very similar to the photo, then you will very likely be unhappy with the results and should not proceed.

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is It Possible to Completely Change my Nose Shape?

+2

I have written a book on the aesthetics of beauty and IMHO, your face can be made to look more like the photo but there are limits to how thin your nose can be made.  Cheek implants to augment the cheeks, chin implant to augment the chin and a Rhinoplasty to break the bone/narrow the tip can all be done but you need to have realistic expectations.

Rhinoplasty

+2

You should definitely not give up before you've even gotten some good advice. I think you are a good candidate for a rhinoplasty and that you could accomplish a lot of what you are looking for. However,mthere are limits tomwhatbcan be accomplished  reliably in any particular situation.  Youncan definitely achieve narrowing of the nasal bridge and nostrils but probably not to the degree you see in the photo you included. However, it is helpful for,you to show that picture because it helps communicate your goals to your surgeon.  Youmshould find a n experienced rhinoplasty surgeon to find out what you can realistically  expect in your particular case.  Even though you may not be able to have everything you want, you are still a good candidate.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Nasal Make-Over

+2

The beauty of Facial Cosmetic Surgery is the fact that one can change the shape of the face and nose.  Be careful, however, do you remember the Michael Jackson scenario?  You need an in-depth consultation.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Completely change my nose?

+2

In a word, NO.  the difference betwee your nose and the one you desire is light years apart.  by lookingg at your nose I can tell that he skin is much thicker and the cartilage underneath is less defined and thinner.  The best way to refine your nose is with an OPEN rhinoplasty with cartilage grafts and debulking of the tissue beneath the skin.

Talmager J. Raine MD FACS  drraine.com

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Ethnic Rhinoplasty

+2

Your requests are typical for ethnic rhinoplasty patients. Your critique of your nose is excellent but you cannot look JUST like the guy in the picture because your skin is thicker. That nose would not look good on you because you have different facial characteristics. Every rhinoplasty is individualized so it is natural and proportional to the surrounding facial features. The other procedures you mention may also improve your appearance and should be discussed.

Rhinoplasty (nosejobs) from magazine photos

+2

You can never have an exact match to a magazine photo.   However, such photos are useful for the surgeon to determine what you want and what can be done.  You seem to want a thinner nasal bridge with some height, a thinner tip and some tip projection.  These are all things that can be accomplished.  Go to a Facial Plastic Surgeon who is an expert in rhinoplasty.  An in-person exam will allow the surgeon to give you realistic expectations considering differences in skin thickness, nasal airways, etc.  

Good luck!

David Alessi, MD

Can I change nose like this? (photo)

+2

It is great when a patient presents with such specific requests, because we plastic surgeons then know exactly what you want.  In reality, that nose would not look good on your face.  It would not match your other features, even if the other features were adjusted, as you are considering.  However, your desired changes to nasal height, nostrils, width, etc., are possible, and would really (in my opinion) improve your look in a natural, attractive way.  The goal should be to improve your appearance, but don't change your unique identity.

Steve Laverson, MD

+2

There's a wide span between that result and giving up.  You couldn't safely get that result with your nose because of differences in your skin and his.  You could have a better nose than his if you talk with your surgeon and she or he will tell you what is possible and appropriate for your face and skin, without creating functional problems.

Mitchell F. Grasseschi, MD

Rhinoplasty Surgery

+1

Many of the things that you would like done regarding your requested changes for the nose may be attained through Rhinoplasty surgery. I do not have a profile view so this would be helpful for further evaluation. I would suggest coming into the office for a digital imaging consultation where I can show you what your proposed surgery would accomplish. This would help you to see the possible aesthetic changes that would be made with Rhinoplasty, Cheek Augmentation  and Chin Augmentation. You may inquire via the website listed below and my patient coordinator will be happy to contact you for a complimentary consultation. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD