Compatibility Juvederm/Restylane?

I had Juvederm Ultra 4 in my naseolabeal wrinkles 3 weeks ago , 1ml dosis, which has improved my wrinkles but not enough. In the place i live now i can not find this hyaluronic acid, they only have Restylane. Are both compatible? or could be a side effect if i inject Restylane now? Is there any other hyaluronic acid as goo as these 2 with can be used with Juvederm? thanks a lot

Using Juvederm and Restylane together

+1

Both Juvederm and Restylane are hyaluronic acid fillers and there is no problem using them together (whether at the same time or at different times).  I would not be concerned using Restylane three weeks after you had Juvederm.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

The Hyaluronic Acid Fillers Used in Combination

+1

Hyaluronic acid fillers can be used in combination.  Although each one may have its own benefit in a certain area.  For the nasolabial folds, Juvederm, Restylane, and Perlane may all be used.

Compatibility of Juvederm/Restylane?

+1

The fillers can be considered compatible, as they are both derived from the same substance. The fillers derived from hyaluronic acid are as follow:

1) Juvederm
2) Restylane
3) Perlane

Sorry to hear your result was not what you had hoped for. Restylane and Perlane are both great for the nasolabial folds, and I think you would be happy if you had a touch up with either of them. I would give it a little extra time before having a touch up, as it is possible swelling is still a factor after 3 weeks. Having an additional treatment would not result in any side effect different from the normal side effects associated with filler. To answer your last question, Perlane is the other filler derived from hyaluronic acid as mentioned, which is a great option. I hope this helps, and best of luck.

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

There are no issues with compatibility of Juvederm and Restylane

+1

Both products, Juvederm and Restylane can be used in the same area, without any worries.  I don't combine these 2 fillers much, but I do often use a deeper filler like Radiesse and combine it with Belotero or Restylane/Juvederm often.  The only caution about combining fillers is when there is long standing silicon filler in place.  If that's the case, using filler, even in areas not close to the original injection can cause a granulomatous reaction, and it's not recommended, or at the very least, let the patient know of the risks.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Restylane and Juvederm together

+1

There should be no issues in layering one filler on top of the other in that they are both hyaluronic acid fillers.  Belotero is another example of a hyaluronic acid filler.  We often layer one filler on top of another, for example, a more robust non HA filler like Radiesse can be used followed by a lighter HA filler on top.

Ritu Saini, MD

Using Juvederm and Restylane together

+1

Restylane and Juvederm are compatible and are often used in conjunction. You should not experience an adverse effect from adding Restylane to your nasolabial folds. The nasolabial folds often need more that 1ml of filler to correct the deeper set wrinkles in that area.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm and Restylane compatability

+1

First, different fillers can be overlapped.  Second, Restylane is similar to Juvederm in that they are both HA's.

Using Juvederm and Restylane together

+1

Both Juvederm and Restylane are hyaluronic acid fillers, and can absolutely be used at the same time, or after one another, with no problems. I use these hyaluronic acid fillers, as well as the new HA filler Expression, and I choose different fillers for different injection locations, depths, etc.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Restylane and Juvederm very compatible

+1

It is perfectly fine to have both Juvederm and Restylane injected either at the same visit, weeks later, months later.  They are both hyaluronic acid fillers and can often be used interchangeably.

Alison Stallings, MD
Tarrytown Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane and Juvederm are completely compatible

+1

Restylane is a thinner version of hyaluronic acid than Juvederm.  I often use both injections on the same patient - Juvederm for the thicker lines and Restylane is for the thinner lines.  They are both great and both can be used together on the same patient.  You should have great results.

Michele S. Green, MD