Fraxel Restore Vs. Portrait Plasma Rhytec Low-level

I live in Bangkok where there is no Fraxel Repair but we do have a choice between Fraxel Restore and Plasma Rhytec. I do not feel comfortable going for high level Plasma so the choice is multiple low level plasma and multiple Fraxel Restore.

Any views on the benefits/comparisons between the two treatments?

I have had good experience with Fraxel re:store series...

+4

Hi JB,

I have had good experience with Fraxel re:store series treatments. I have not used Plasma Rhytec, but have heard very good things about it. The only thing that has kept me away from using it has been some reports of burns (likely not from low level treatments that you are contemplating). Let us know what you decide and how it goes. Thanks.

Dr. P

Fraxel Restore may be safer for slightly darker...

+2

Fraxel Restore may be safer for slightly darker complexions than Portrait.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Fraxel Restore vs Plasma Rhytec

+1

We have used them both. Although, sometimes it’s difficult to compare apples to oranges, when both are used safely and with expertise you can expect excellent results from both of these lasers at the low levels and the high levels. It should be noted that Rhytec, the manufacturer of the Plasma machine is currently in bankruptcy.

David Goldberg, MD