Comparing Breast Implant Brands

How does Natrelle silicone brand compare to Mentor or Inamed implants?

There are 2 main companies

+4

Natrelle and Inamed are the same company. Natrelle is the brand name of the implant line made by Allergan. Allergan used to be called Inamed. Prior to this it was called McGhan. So, there are 2 main implant companies in the US, Allergan and Mentor. Bot companies make saline and silicone implants which are FDA-approved. Plastic surgeons will have different preferences for a variety of reasons but there is every reason you would get an overall good result in the hands of a board-certified plastic surgeon with either companies implant. Best of luck

Dr Edwards

Breast Implant Companies

+3

Both companies are reputable with good products (similar characteristics and warranties). On May 10, 2000, the FDA granted approval of saline-filled breast implants manufactured by Mentor Corporation and McGhan Medical. To date, all other manufacturers’ saline-filled breast implants are considered investigational.
As of 2006, the FDA has approved the use of silicone gel implants manufactured by the Mentor Corporation and Allergan (formerly McGhan) for breast augmentation surgery for patients over the age of 22.

Ask your surgeon for guidance here

+3

These brands produce quite similar products. As mentioned Natrelle and Inamed are brand names of the same company. This union was the product of corporate acquisition. Surgeons disagree as to which brand (Mentor or Inamed) might be better in their hands. I look at dimensions and go from there.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Implant manufacturers

+2

I see no difference between Natrelle (Allergan/Inamed/McGhan) and Mentor(Johnson and Johnson).  Both companies are well-regulated and have good quality implants. I would recommend you see a board-certified plastic surgeon certifed by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Good luck.

Jack Gelman, MD
Frankfort Plastic Surgeon