Compare Ultherapy Results with Eprime Results?

I suspect the downtime is longer with eprime and the pain is greater with ultherapy. However, I would tolerate both in exchange for results. Any head to head comparisons on skin tightening results? Thanks!

Ulther is superior

+1

eprime is radiofrequency.  It is an energy that can not penetrate as deep of ultrasound which is employed by ulthera.  I believe that ulthera give more reproducible and consistent results than eprime!

Ulthera champions Eprime

+1

Eprime is a radiofrequency treatment for facial rejuvenation. It heats the dermal collagen inducing dermal connective tissue regeneration and subsequent rejuvenation.

In contrast Ultherapy is focused ultrasound. Ultherapy produces a very focused thermal injury that results in immediate tissue contraction and induces regeneration of collagen. In contrast to Eprime, Ulthera is the only device that can reach the deep facial layer known as the SMAS. This is the same layer of tissue that plastic surgeons undermine and tighten to produce a face lift. Ulthera is a duel plane treatment, targeting the dermal layers (the same layer treated with radiofrequency units such as Eprime) and the SMAS. In this way one obtains contraction, lifting and thickening of two layers of facial tissue. I hope this helps explain the difference between the two devices.

Curt Samlaska, MD

Ultherapy has FDA clearance for skin lifting vs Pelleve vs Eprime vs Thermage

+1

Ultherapy utilizes ultrasound energy to tighten and lift the skin and, in fact, is FDA cleared for lifting of facial skin. Radiofrequency devices such as eprime, Pellave and Thermage utilize radiofrequency, some fractional, some unipolar and others bipolar. Clinicians have various opinions on clinical results. In our practice we have used Thermage, Pelleve and Ultherapy for many patients over the last several years, and have been very impressed with the Ultherapy and Pelleve results, neither of which would produce as great a result as a facelift but these treatments are geared for those who are not ready for surgery or just don't want surgery.

Of the radiofrequency devices, Pelleve is minimally uncomfortable, and is often referred to as a deep heat massage and requires no pain medicaiton whereas Ultherapy-induced discomfort is managed by oral  medications for pain and to  help relax our patients. Usually Ultherapy is one treatment and Pelleve consists of a series of three treatments three weeks apart. We have an extremely high patient satisfaction rating of Pelleve.  I have no experience with Eprime.

Ronald Shelton, MD