Is It Common 6 Weeks After Having Your Breasts Augmented to Have Small Hole Looking Wounds on the Outside of the Scar?

Recently I have noticed on my right breast only the scar isn't healing like the left. Instead the outside and inside of the scar is oozing, a little red look very similar to a hole. I try to not wear anything that would irritate it but if I do I have a gause pad taped over the scar so it does not rub.

Short Term Incision Problems After Augmentation

+1

The most likely cause of the condition that you described would be a reaction to the sutures which were placed beneath the skin at the time of your augmentation.  However, it is possible that this could represent a deeper infection and you certainly should be examined by your surgeon.

Breast augmentation incision issue

+1

Based solely on your description it sounds like you have a "spitting suture".  This is usually a minor thing and heals on its own. A good idea would be to see your surgeon to make sure that is all it is.

Small open wound 6 wks post breast augmentation

+1

Sounds like your body is trying to expel the suture knot.  Keep it clean and protected and let your surgeon take a look.  You may have a stitch that will easily come out and once that is done it should heal very quickly.

Louise Ferland, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Hole in suture line after breast augmentation

+1

After six weeks the small hole that you see is likely a dissolving suture which can 'spit' from the wound, often in the corner where the suture knot might be. Keep the area clean and let your surgeon have a look.

Suture Line Holes”?

+1

Always best to check with your plastic surgeon to rule out a significant complication.  From your description, you may be experiencing a suture related problem;  sometimes an  absorbable suture “spits" (comes to the surface)  resulting in a “hole” appearance.  Generally, these areas go on to heal without need for further intervention.

Best to follow-up with your plastic surgeon.