Is It Common for Your Vision to Be Worse After a PRK Enhancement?

I had lasik 11 years ago and 3 weeks ago I had PRK enhancement, my vision is far worse than it was before the enhancement, both near and far vision, is that normal?

Vision after PRK

+1

It is okay for the short post operative healing period.  Our goal is not to make your vision worse!  Your results are not normal.  Discuss with your surgeon.

New York Ophthalmologist

PRK enhancement after lasik

+1

THe healing process for PRK is longer than LASIK, so it is not unusual for the vision to be worse , certainly for the first few weeks. Depending on the intial prescription it could take up to 3-6 months to become stable.

San Diego Ophthalmologist

Quality of Vision 3 Weeks after PRK Enhancement

+1

It is normal for the quality of vision after a PRK enhancement to be still fluctuating after 3 weeks, but if it is decidedly worse, you should call your surgeon. There is no question that PRK, whether it is an initial procedure or enhancement, has a slower recovery. The reason for this is that the corneal surface has more healing to do after PRK. The initial phase of healing with PRK takes about 5-10 days and varies depending on the healing speed of the individual. PRK is an extremely safe alternative to LASIK, and I do alot of them. As long as the patient, staff and surgeon are all on the same page in terms of the slower speed of healing, then all should be well.

Web reference: http://www.kameen.com

Baltimore Ophthalmologist