Is It Common to Still Have a "Roll" So Soon After Having a Tummy Tuck?

It has been 6 weeks since my surgery - I am very happy with the appearance of my lower abdomen and my scar is healing beautifully. However, I still have quite a significant "roll" on my upper abdomen below my breasts. I had Liposuction in the upper, side/hip area and pubic zone, which seems to have worked. My issue is that I thought my tummy would be very tight and flat, it most certainly is not, and when I sit - I feel like I still look like I did prior to the surgery.

Roll After Tummy Tuck

+1

It is very difficult to say what you need done without pictures.  If this roll is swelling, than time will help it resolve.  If it is from a fluid collection, then your surgeon will likely drain it when they see you.  If it is residual fat, then a bit of liposuction once you are fully healed may be the answer.  Good luck.

+1

It is difficult to comment fairly without access to photos from before and after your surgery.

Appearance while sitting is not really a useful end point in evaluating the outcome after TT. When sitting, the pelvis gets closer to the chest, and the abdominal skin, muscle and internal organs aren't infinitely elastic, so the abdominal wall buckles. 

Without photos, and perhaps some height and weight info, I can't comment further on  outcomes or expectations. 

Thank you for your question, best wishes.