How Common is Severe Numbness?

I am numb on both breast with the right being worse going under my arm to my back.Both breast have numbness .Right nipple is not numb but left one is.I think i am healing fine but started having some pain after end of 2nd week. 3 weeks po.

Temporary numbness

+1

This type of numbness can be temporary.  Give it 6 months to resolve.  It is not an uncommon problem.  

How Common is Severe Numbness?

+1

Some numbness is common. Give it a few months to see how things go as it will most like work out with time. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Ohio Plastic Surgeon

BREAST SURGERY

+1

It depends on if you were numb or not before surgery. Some women dont get better and some do. If you were normal before I would say it may take up to 6months to regain sensation

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC