Dry Nipples After Breast Augmentation Revision / Lift

Is It Common for my Nipples to Be Very Dry After Breast Lift and Breast Augmentation Redo? I Had my Procedure a Week Ago.Also, the crease incisions are very itchy ugh! is there anything to alleviate this problem?

Dry skin is typical after breast lift augmentation

+2

Skin dryness and flaking and itch is very normal after breast implants, breast lift, and other common cosmetic surgery procedures such as facelift. Scar fade cremes are a hot topic, though during the first several weeks after your procedure we emphasize skin lotions which are hypoallergenic and encourage moisture in the skin to relieve the dryness and the itch. After four to six weeks a scar creme like Mederma may be an appropriate choice.

peterejohnsonmd

Itchy nipples

+1

This can occur.since you are only a week you can use a regular moisturized or some 1% cortisone cream to help with the itching.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Dry and itching nipples after breast augmentation.

+1

Having dryness and itchy nipples following breast augmentation is not uncommon. A simple over the counter skin moisturizer can help significantly. Hydrocortisone cream also works well. Be sure that the incisions are well healed prior to use of these products.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Dry skin and nipples is not uncommon after breast lift

+1
Dryness of the skin and nipples is not uncommon after breast augmentation and or breast lift. Itching is also very common and both are temporary problems. Over the count moisturizer will help with the dryness and hydrocortisone cream can be used for the itching once the wounds have healed.

Robert M. Jensen, MD
Medford Plastic Surgeon

Dry nipples

+1

The soap and antiseptic agents used in surgery often cause excessive dryness for a short time after surgery.  Check with your surgeon, but I recommend a moisturizing lotion to alleviate the dryness.  The itching of the incision is a sign of healing.  Topical benadryl can be somewhat helpful.

Wishing you the best

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Dry itchy nipples

+1

Dry nipple following surgery is not common in my practice. Maybe they are chaffed from the dressings and just feel dry. Itching is common following any surgery and indicates healing of your incision lines. I see itching approximately one to two weeks following surgery. For the most part, this is a good sign as it indicates healing. You may try an anti-itching cream such as Benadryl which is over the counter. Please contact your plastic surgeon for more specific advice and recommendations regarding anti itching medication.

Arian Mowlavi, MD
Laguna Beach Plastic Surgeon

Dry Skin after breast augmentation

+1

Yes dry, itchy skin is common after procedures and can have many causes.  Often patients will start using antibacterial soaps with tend to over dry skin, others can have a low grade reaction to the adhesives in steristrips, yet others can just have some flaking after the swelling starts to subside. If you are really bothered by the itching contact your PS and make sure you are not having an allergic reaction.

Delio Ortegon, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Dry nipples and itchiness

+1

Dry nipples are not very normal after surgeyr, but itchiness at the incision line is.  Talk to your doctor about treatment.

Itchy and Dry after Breast Augmentation

+1

Itchiness after surgery is quite common.  This is probably related to small skin nerves sending signals after surgery.  I would consult with your surgeon, given that it has only been a week, about the itchiness. Sometimes pain medications also can cause itchiness.

Jeff Scott, MD
Everett Plastic Surgeon

+1

Not very usual. Contact your surgeon to discuss therapy options. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl j. Blinski