How Common is Muscle Splitting Augmentation with Lift? (photo)

How common is the muscle splitting augmentation with lift? I read that internal sutures for a lift <2mm can hidden inside w/o a vertical scar? I viewed 2 articles on this technique (Baxter:RA and Khan:UD). What are your experiences with this procedure? Does it result in nicely shaped breast? My R breast is a little lower than my L breast. But I don't want a vertical scar. I understand that without an actual consultation, you must be somewhat cautious in your response. Thanks for the feedback.

Ultimate Breast Lift = No Vertical Scar and No Implants

+1

Thank you for your question and photos.

I often 'score' the superior portion of the pectoralis major muscle to minimize the downward vector placed on a submuscular implant. This helps keep the implant in place. There is a technique called the Ultimate Breast Lift that reshapes and anchors the breast internally without a vertical scar. This technique is not a cookie cutter technique like the others. Different parameters are used to design the ideal breast. You have two options with this technique:

• if you want more volume- the Mini UBL with a small subpectoral implant is utilized. The only incision would be around the areolas.
  • if you are happy with your current volume- the UBL is utilized. The incisions with this version are around the areolas and in the inframammary crease

Do your research. This is a great start.

Kind regards,

Dr. H

Texas Plastic Surgeon

+1

Keeping things honest with you. You need to be ok with scars on your breast. That is the first obstacle that a women who needs an augmentation and a lift needs to come to terms with. Depending on your goals you may be ok with an augmentation without a lift. If you are ok with a more natural teardrop shape to your breasts then implants alone might be ok for you. This advice is without speaking to you or performing an examination. If you are looking for more rejuvenated breasts that sit higher on your chest wall then usually implants and a lift are required. These two authors have written many papers and I am not sure which ones you read, but I did review papers describing the technique  you refer to, and I would tell you that you need to be careful sometimes what you read. That technique is a variation of something that has been descried by other surgeons in the past. That technique also is referring to patients who have had previously placed sub-glandular implants and now need revision surgery with placement of the implant partially under the muscle. They describe an approach to split the muscle and place the implant in a sub-muscular plain which is not all that different from what we already do for sub-muscular breast augmentation.  It sounds like you will be having a first time augmentation so I do not see that this technique applies to you. Having seen your pictures but not examining you if you were in front of me in my office based solely on your pictures I would tell you that your right breast is more droopy than your left breast and you would need an augmentation and lift depending on your goals.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Several breast lift options are available to you

+1

There are several breast lift options that are available each with their own strength and weakness.  The vertical incision that is used in the "lollipop" breast lift allows tightening of the lower pole of the breast.  For some patients this is an important part of their breast shaping procedure and for others less so.  The best result for you would be provided by including the vertical incision but you can choose to omit this if you understand the results that you will obtain with just a "donut" breast lift alone.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

AUGMENTATION/MASTOPEXY

+1

Thanks for the helpful photos.  It appears from the photos that you would benefit from a Circumvertical or Areolar Mastopexy with an Augmentation.  I would recommend a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area to discuss your options.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Lift vs implant insertion technique?

+1

You are trying to find more magic in an insertion technique than exists.  Whether you go above the muscle or below the muscle in any way, implants will not lift your breasts (elevate the nipples) nor will they alone correct your asymmetry.  For the very best result, you would be well served to accept the fact that your anatomy appears from the photo to need lifting done.  Almost all patients will trade the best look and shape they can get for the scars required to do it.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Augmentation and lift

+1

You need to have realistic expectations based on your anatomy.  A consultation will be essential to proper planning.  Based on your anatomy, most surgeons would rec. a periareolar lift or vertical mastopexy with implants.  The final shape you are seeking will determine which will be best for you.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon

Lift

+1

Although you can not be measured over the internet, the photo appears to show most of the breast below the fold or breast base. The nipple position is needing a much great than 2 cm. (i think you meant that , not mm) lift. I have used internal sutures on an occassional basis. I think you will find most surgeons will recommend a vertical or standard lift. You need an exam

Michael Hueneke, MD