How Common is Loss of Sensation After Vaginal Rejuvenation Surgery?

Since giving birth vaginally a year ago, I've become loose. The entrance of my vagina is tight, but further back I can't feel anything during sex. I'm self conscious about the laxity, and no longer enjoy sex. I've researched LVR, and have read a loss of sensation in the vagina is a potential side effect of the procedure. Is this common? I'm only interested in tightening the inside of my vagina, no work on the outside, so I'll experience the same pressure and friction as before baby. Thank you!

Sensation Loss After Vaginal Rejuvenation Variable

+3

From what you are describing with regards to your complaints, this is really more than a straightforward vaginal rejuvenation.  Most vaginal rejuvenation involves tightening the opening to the vaginal canal by removing some excess tissue in the perineum ( the space between your vagina and rectum), and tightening the muscles there so that the opening is smaller.  This is the most common complaint when someone comes in for this type of surgery,because this is where most women derive their tactile sensation from ( the clitoral/labial area), not the internal vaginal walls.  When you are talking about the internal canal, this is a much more difficult procedure with regards to approach and healing, and has a higher risk, since now you are closer to internal structures, etc.  Overall, the rates of sensation loss should be low - around 1%.  I hope this helps.

Barrington Plastic Surgeon

Loss of sensation with vaginoplasty

+2

Any surgical procedure can result in some loss of sensation particularly in the incision itself. However, it is extremely unlikely that you will lose any significant sensation in any of the erogenous zones, namely the g-spot and clitoris with the commonly performed posterior repair.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/chicago-photo-gallery/labiaplasty/

Vaginoplasty and sensation.

+1

Vaginoplasty is done primarily to enhance sensation during sexual intercourse in women who have undergone vaginal delivery of their children. The chance of your having less sensation after this surgery is extremely rare barring any unusual complications.