Common for Breast Augmentation?

I am one week post op from under the arm and muscle breast aug. I am healing very well but have a lot of tightness in my arms and on upper side of breast, with enlarged and painful lymph nodes, Is this common, i am worried I am being too active and caused damage.

Pain and stiffness after breast augmentation

+1

The discomfort and stiffness you describe can be common concerns one week after a breast augmentation.  I would contact your surgeon if the symptoms are worsening instead of improving.  Good luck.

Common for Breast Augmentation

+1

None of this sounds unusual, nor does it sound problematic. It will be best to discuss the specifics of activity level with your surgeon. 

All the best. 

Breast augmentation discomfort

+1

Some discomfort is normal after augmentation and your pain is a common characteristic of transaxillary breast augmentation. If concerned, then talk with your surgeon.

Healing after augmentation

+1

can vary considerably from person to person, with each person having a unique experience.  Swollen nodes do happen as does tightness.  The only worrisome thing would be rapid expansion of one side with increasing pain.  Everything else is pretty much 'normal'.  But you should keep your surgeon in the loop as to what your concerns may be.

Curtis Wong, MD

Transaxillary BAM

+1

It sounds like you are going through the normal healing phases with a transaxillary breast augmentation.  Take it easy and although I suspect everything is moving along just fine, check in with your surgeon just to rule out any possibility of a complication.  ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Trans axillary sub muscular breast augmentation is the most painful way to go.

+1

Placement of breast implants under the muscle is more painful the placement on top. The trends axillary route requires somewhat more dissection than the alternative. The postoperative pain described is quite common.

Concerns after Breast Augmentation #breastimplants

+1

Most likely this is no big deal. It is normal to have tightness. I would recommend that you go and see your surgeon to take a look just to make sure there is nothing more going on. 

Richard J. Brown, MD

Concerns after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question. Nothing in your description sounds concerning;  also, there is nothing in your description that makes me think that  you have “caused damage”. Given your concerns, I would suggest that you decrease your activity level. 

Best wishes; hopefully you will be very pleased with the long-term outcome of the procedure performed.

Breast Augmentation

+1

It sounds like everything is going well and you are experiencing normal symptoms following breast augmentation surgery.  Often the breasts and chest will feel tight or heavy because the implant will stretch the tissues, especially if large implants and under the muscle.  The lymph nodes may swell but things should start to settle soon.

I would suggest you take it easy for about two weeks after breast augmentation.  If you are too active then you may cause bleeding or problems with healing.  A basic rule is if you are experiencing pain or discomfort from an activity, stop it, then wait a week before trying it again.

If you have any major concerns, you should contact your surgeon.

Dean Trotter, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Recovery After Breast Augmentation

+1

After breast augmentation I ask all my patients to take it easy for the first two weeks.  They are not to lift anything over 5lbs and limit their movements at the elbow level.  Plastic surgeons are concerned about postoperative bleeding which can happen at any time but more commonly within the first two weeks.  After the initial two weeks, my patients start to increase their activity level, but are not to go to full activity until 4 weeks time.  At that time all restrictions are lifted.  It is common to feel tightness and soreness, but remember you plastic surgeon would be the one to evaluate you to make sure everything is going as to plan.  Hope that helps!  Good luck and congrats on your new breasts.

Farbod Esmailian, MD