Common Complications and Treatment Downtime?

I am worried about unexpected complications with surgery and downtime for each treamtnnt. I am getting blepharoplasty, rhinoplasty, otoplasty, silicone chin implant, and memory-gel implants.

Lots of Surgery

+1

Consider less surgery and break-up your procedures into two chunks of Cosmetic Surgery.  Perhaps, there is less complications when you stage your goals.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Good question, but one for your surgeon. This should have been gone over with you very thoroughly at your consultation. At our office you would have spent at least an hour going over multiple options and the risks, benefits and recovery of each. If you did not get a full discussion of these items you need to go back and get it or see someone else.

Complications from cosmetic surgery.

+1

Complications from cosmetic surgery should be thoroughly explained to the patient before surgery.  If it was not,, choose a different surgeon . I would not have any operation without this.  Good experienced surgeons have this as part of their practice. 

+1

Honestly, these need to be explained in great detail along with the benefits of each procedure, in your particular case, with the plastic and cosmetic surgeon during consultation.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.