Is It Common to Have a Bump on the Side of the Nose Due to the Bone Break?

I had a rhinoplasty 20 days ago. I have a bump on the left sife of my nose, near the corner of my eye. My surgeon told me that it's bone, that's where he broke my bone. He said it will be less apparent over the years when I gain weight. Did my dr make a mistake? Can it be corrected? Will it go away?

Rhinoplasty healing

+1

I would definitely suggeste waiting for it really does take time for the swelling to go down. Something that feels hard can still be swelling. Watch my video.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Bump on Nose after Rhinoplasty

+1

Irregularities at  the site of nasal bone fractures done as part of the rhinoplaqsty operation may occur and usually resolve as the nose heals. Your surgeon did not make a mistake. If you and your surgeon are not satisfied, this is easily corrected.

It is too soon to judge your results only 20 days following Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+1

The bump you see and feel on the side of your nose, near your eye may completely disappear over the next several months. This could be swelling from the osteotomy that may take some time to resolve.

I hope you find this helpful.

Web reference: http://nosejobphotos.com/

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bump an the side of the nose after rhinoplasty.

+1

If it becomes visible after 3-6 months, it may need to be filed down. Your surgeon did not make a mistake. The fracture may have caused it when the bones were broken and it is a minor procedure to fix it if it remains visib