Can I Get Consult and Treatment Same Day?

smart lipo on abdominal area, I'm Coming from AL can I get consult and procedure same day?

SmartLipo

+1

No.  Consult one day, surgery the next, provided you do not need any blood work or have any unusual risks.

Bay Area Dermatologist

SmartLipo and Laser Liposuction the same day as consultation

+1

It is better to separate your consultation and the procedure.  A consultation should be a learning experience, an educational opportunity for you and not a “sales closing.” It should function solely for your benefit and to your advantage. You should not be pressured in making a very important & personal decision. The purpose of the consultation is for you to learn & to determine if it is the right thing for you to do. You also need to make sure that your surgeon is qualified to perform the procedure. Do not rush this important decision. Do your research well.

In addition to order reasons, another reason to separate the consultation and the procedure is your safety. Traveling long distance prior to surgery may increase your risk of complications. Waiting a day or two will reduce that risk. Whatever, you decide to do, make sure you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced with laser liposuction. Know the differences between cosmetic surgeon and Plastic surgeon. Any licensed physician can claim to be a cosmetic surgeon. Good luck!

Stanley Okoro, MD

+1

If the operation is under ONLY local for a very small area. Otherwise obtain labs weeks before the operation and yes it is possible but very hard not to see the patient on one day than operate the next.