Comedonal Acne, Tazorac No Longer Effective?

I used Tazorac for close to a year and it worked very well in the beginning by forcing all the undersurface things up. But over the summer it has stopped working for me. I keep getting new comedones and they don't go away quickly. The worst part is that they leave red marks all over my face. Not sure if I should continue Tazorac anymore, and does this mean I need Accutane/generic version of Accutane?

Comedonal Acne and Tazorac

+1

Thank you for your question. Comedonal acne such as white heads or black heads is best treated with a Vitamin A cream such as Tazorac. You likely require increased strength and be sure to use this daily on the full face. Additionally, you should be on a benzoyl peroxide wash. I would start with this method first.  Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist with expertise in acne for the most effective and safe treatment options. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist