How Come I Have Two eMatrix Treatments So Far but the Acne Scars Still Look Visible?

I mean at first after the treatment the first few days it look like it was working but after that its seem like the scars still visible. The only difference I noticing is the texture is smoother then before the treatments. The Aestitician told me it suppose to heal deep to the upper surface. Im scheduling to have 4 microdermabrasion treatments after the ematrix will it help help me clear up the visible mark from the scarring? Help i don't to waste money on this cosmetic procedure.

EMatrix treatment results take several months

+1

One of the great things about eMatrix treatments is that you'll see results build upon themselves over the coming months. This can also be frustrating because patients want immediate results. However, what you are doing with the treatments is building collagen and repairing under the skin, so it takes a few months for the results to really work from the bottom up. I think the microderms will be nice, but not all that effective for acne scarring. They help brighten and tone, but since they only remove a tiny layer of skin, microdermbrasion treatments really don't work well on deep acne scarring; eMatrix does, but it will take some time.

EMatrix for acne scarring

+1

eMatrix can be a very effective procedure to treat mild to moderate acne scars. The standard treatment course is 3 to 4 sessions spaced 4 to 6 weeks apart but is customized based on the severity of the scarring. An effective treatment protocol for moderate to severe acne scars usually involves five to six monthly treatments.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/medical-spa-services/facial-rejuvenation/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.