How Come I'm Not Seeing Any Reduction in Jaw Botox? (photo)

Is it not the muscle that appears larger than the right jaw? Should I chew on the other side?

It takes a lot

+2

To successfully reduce the size of the masseter, it can take 20 to 30 units per side and then there is the risk of chewing difficulty. This is definitely off label.

Walnut Creek Dermatologic Surgeon

Masseter Reduction with Botox

+1

Masseter Bulk Reduction may take up to a year with repeated large unit injections to notice a difference (25 U each side every 3 months).

Masseter Reduction Takes Time

+1

It takes several injections over a course of 6-12 months before you will see jaw reduction with Botox injected into the masseter muscle - be patient as this will be an expensive and slow process.

Web reference: http://www.AdvanceYourBeauty.com

Buffalo General Surgeon

Botox and jaw reduction

+1

It may take several treatments to your masseter muscles to see results and facial contour. Follow up with your provider for further assessment and treatment expectations.

Botox and jaw

+1

When treating the masseter muscle with Botox to reduce the volume of muscle, it may take several treatments over many months,.

Botox

+1

I see the asymmetry you are referring to.  It takes several treatments with Botox to see results with masseter reduction.  Without knowing where you are in such a treatment regimen, I can't say for sure whether your results are what you should expect.  You should see your injector and discuss your concerns.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)