How come my scar is getting bigger after stitches on my chest?

I think it was an ingrown hair and doctor cut out the bump that only needed two stitches. I had two steroid shots couple weeks after and seemed there was no bump only a mark. Now the bump has appeared and gotten bigger it seems; I workout a lot also so can this be making my scar bigger as heavy weights stretch the chest.

Chest scars and Plato's Scar Serum followed by a surgeons examination

+1
It appears as though you have an active scar developing. We would recommend a follow up with your surgeon, application of a polysiloxane scar gel such as Plato's Scar Serum; and scar protocol treatment. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Scar On Chest Increasing In Size

+1
Without a photo there isn't any way we can help you.  The chest is a very common place for people to get a thickened and enlarged scar called a "keloid" and that sounds like what your doctor is trying to treat with steroid injections.  I would consult a dermatologic surgeon with laser experience, I have found the best treatments for keloids are with a combination of lasers.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.