How Come my Bridge is Extremely Thin Post-op? (photo)

I had a small humo reduced but now my bridge is super thin and crooked. Was my nasal bones just thrown out to the garbage from the sides? I cant comprehend this extreme negative change. Please explain!

How Come my Bridge is Extremely Thin Post-op?

+1

I would need more views of the nose or an exam to be able to comment.  Also, it would be helpful to know when the surgery was performed.                                                                                                                                                                                              Kenneth Hughes, MD

In fracturing the nasal bones will narrow the width of the nose.

+1

I do not have an operative note but it looks as though you had in fracturing in the nasal bones. This is something you should take up with your own plastic surgeon.

+1

Again you need to be seen IN PERSON as a second opinion. Very hard to determine exactly your issues over the internet.//

Bridge issue

+1

Yes, I do see what you are deescribing. Give it a year to settle, and you may decide at that point that you want a revision.

Extremely thin nasal bridge

+1

I am sorry that you are disatisfied with your rhinoplasty result. It is difficult to determine what is wrong with your nose without a full set of photographs. It soes appear that your nasal bridge is a bit crooked and maybe too thin. This occur from the way the bone cuts were made/healed and from some over resection of the bones. I am not sure how far out from your operation you are or whether you are a candidate for a revision surgery yet. I would encourage you to discuss this with your surgeon and see what he has to offer. I hope this helps.

Andres Gantous, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Crooked Thin Bridge After Surgery

+1

Its difficult to give a complete answer based of your photos.  Narrowing of the bony pyramid is accomplished by breaking the bones (osteotomies).  Sometimes the remaining fragments don't end up where wish.  Have a candid conversation with your surgeon, but realize that you should wait about  1 yr prior to any revision .

Brian J. Reagan, MD
Carlsbad Plastic Surgeon