How come I cannot get a Mommy Makeover for at least 5000-6000 in the US. Dominican Republic I can get it without high pricing.

I ask this question because I would like to get my Mommy Makeover in the US, but Plastic Surgeons you have no mercy. I have to travel a broad in order to look my best

Pricing for a mommy makeover

+2
Medical standards in all forms are highest in America, and complying with those standards of operating room sterility, up to date equipment, and proper patient monitoring and follow up, is takes time and manpower, which costs money.  While you may feel the initial cost of traveling abroad for your surgery is less, should any problem occur, or the result not be acceptable, traveling back once or possibly multiple times may make your choice much more expensive.  Safety and highest quality should be first in your mind.  You will find both here in the US.  Be patient and continue to save for your surgery.  This is the safest and best option for you.

Mommy make over

+2
This your body image. Proper choice of surgical procedure, the execution of the surgery and the results desired  are much cheaper than repair of un-desired outcome.
In the US, cost might be a little more, the cost of labor and insurance and equipment and safety of the patient is more expensive in the US, plus the life long follow up you will have in the US with your plastic surgeon.
These are few of the reasons. Repair of un-wanted results are much more expensive.
Good luck
Samir Shureih MD. FACS.
sshureih@msn.com

Fees in the Dominican Republic

+2
Many patients are going for cheaper surgery out of the country. When you do this remember these fees do not cover post op complications that you might experience when you return home. Infections, implant failure, seroma, revisional surgery can be very costly. If your surgery was done out of the country most PS will not treat you for post op complications. The cost of doing business in the DR is less, office overhead, facility fees, anesthesia, implants etc, so they can charge less. 

Laura A. Sudarsky, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Finding the right plastic surgeon for you

+1
To find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area, go to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons website. There, you can find someone near you and look at his/hers website to see if it’s someone you might consider for your surgery. Financing and price can also be discussed with the plastic surgeons. Good luck!

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD

You get what you pay for with a mommy makeover.

+1
Surgeons have to invest money to maintain certain standards of care both personally and in the facility where they operate. This costs money. Undergo surgery in another country and take your chances.

The cost in the U.S. is higher because you receive a higher standard of care.

+1
I understand that when you’re looking at only one price—the surgery—it seems like traveling abroad is the better deal. There are so many other factors to take into consideration, though. Under what type of conditions will your surgery be performed? Is the surgeon qualified or certified to perform your procedures? How will you handle your recovery after surgery? How long until you can travel home? What if there are complications? The bottom line is that you only have one body and major surgery, even for cosmetic reasons, should never be taken lightly.

Frank Campanile, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

The cost of elective surgery in the US

+1
The cost of surgery in the US may seem more expensive at first glance. But you are typically receiving a much different service and much better value when compared to discounted services abroad.  Surgery in the US is regulated, safe, and performed by highly trained surgeons. Complications are still possible, but are much more easily taken care of. The follow up is often much more important than many patients tend to think and consider.  

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Avoid the Dominican for your cosmetic surgery

+1
Thank you for your question.  A quick Google search for cosmetic surgery gone wrong in the Domincan should tell you all you need to know (see link below from Huffington Post). Surgery in the US costs more due to higher standards, more consistent and regulated training of the physicians and hospitals, and a higher cost of living.  Plastic surgery is serious surgery and should not be done on the cheap.  There are numerous reports of poorly regulated facilities in the DR with many patients contracting severe infections.  There is no continuity of care when you return, so if you have a complication, there is nobody in the US to take care of you.  Also, any additional surgery and hospitalizations will cost way more than any procedure performed initially in the US and will likely not be covered by your insurance.  Cosmetic surgery is not something to try and scrimp and get a cheap deal.  Your health in safety is just not worth it.  

Matthew H. Steele, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Plastic surgery prices in the USA

+1
  • The surgery and care you get in the USA is better than in the DR,
  • Good work costs more.
  • People are coming back from cosmetic surgery in the DR with HORRIBLE infections,
  • There is a government warning about elective surgery there.
  • If you return with a complication, it will cost you more than if you have surgery here.
  • There is a latin saying - Caveat emptor. Let the buyer (of cheap services) beware.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

+1
       If you wanted a tummy tuck and breast augmentation in the US, that would require 3 hours of operating room time or more.  The cost of a board certified anesthesiologist and the cost of implants along with that would be $5000.  Then you would have the cost of an office, nursing, supplies, garments, etc. to help in the followup.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of mommy makeovers each year. Look for great reviews and great before and after pictures.